As experts say time and again, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but sometimes, you just get tired of the eggs and bacon combo. If you want to keep it savory and satisfying, consider adding this recipe for Breakfast Pizza to your usual repertoire of breakfast recipe favorites! Made with crispy bacon, creamy eggs, and melty cheese, it’s the perfect solution to your meal planning woes! Check it out here:
• Cooking spray
• 1 lb. frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
• 6 large eggs, divided
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 6 slices bacon
• Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together hash browns, 2 eggs, and ½ cup of cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer hash brown mixture to prepared baking sheet and using your hands, pat into a circular crust. Bake until golden, 20 minutes.
3. In a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and then chop.
4. Top baked crust with remaining 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese and crack remaining 4 eggs on top. Scatter bacon over everything and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake until egg whites are set, but yolks are still slightly runny 15 minutes. (If you prefer a less runny yolk, bake 18 to 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with chives, slice, and serve!
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Bend at Oak Forest Apartments in Houston, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!