Since we all feel obligated to do our part and stay at home, it can be more challenging to move your body in a healthy way these days. Gyms are still at limited capacity, parks are overflowing with people looking to supplement their usual workout, and maybe, you just can’t take the Houston heat, even on a good day.
If you find yourself remaining rather sedentary, it’s time to get back in your groove again. Believe us, there is a way to shake yourself out of the unhealthy habits you’ve gained in quarantine and start anew. It all begins with some light flexibility stretching to get yourself moving – because, it’s smarter to build your way up gradually, as opposed to diving back into your normal fitness routine head-on. Check out 3 of the most popular flexibility stretches below:
Standing Hamstring Stretch
• Stand straight and tall with your feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, and arms by your sides.
• Exhale as you bend forward, lowering your head to the floor while keeping your head, neck, and shoulders completely relaxed.
• Wrap your arms around the backs of your legs, and hold from 45 seconds to two minutes.
• Bend your knees and slowly roll up back to the standing position once you’re finished.
Figure Four Stretch
• Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor, and cross your left foot over your right quad.
• Lift your right leg off the floor. Grab onto the back of the same leg and gently pull it toward your chest.
• When you feel a comfortable stretch, hold it there for 30 seconds to two minutes.
• Switch sides and repeat the movement.
• Kneel, sit, or stand tall with feet hip-width apart and arms extended overhead.
• Bend your right elbow and reach your right hand to touch the top middle of your back.
• Reach your left hand overhead and grasp just below your right elbow. Then, gently pull your right elbow towards your head.
• Switch arms and repeat the movement.
Bend at Oak Forest Apartments in Houston, Texas goes above and beyond to improve your daily lifestyle with our spacious floor plans, unparalleled amenities, and incomparable customer service. We hope that these tips will inform, educate, and ultimately provide you with a better way-of-life.